How to Recover Permanently Deleted Files from External Hard Disk – Simple Methods
Ashwani Tiwari |
Modified: January 29th, 2021 | data recovery
External Hard drive comes in handy when the user wishes to free up space from his computer. It is always a wise move to back up the important files in a separate external hard drive.
Its portability and large storage space made it essential for the users. But what happens if the essential files are deleted from it?
Pain cannot be expressed in words…
The distress and torment can suffer anyone!!!
Even the worst part is that deleted files do not route to the recycle bin in the default settings of Windows. As a result, there is no method left to recover deleted items from computer.
How do I recover permanently deleted files from an external hard drive? No words are sufficient to describe this agony…
The user only wishes to know how to recover permanently deleted files from external drive.
Though there is no recovery solution is provided from the Windows Operating system unless you configured the backup.
However, you don’t have to dishearten yourself. We have a direct and instant solution to withdraw from this misery.
But it’s required to look into the factors that contribute to the deletion and corruption of files.
Culpable Elements of Deletion of Files in External Hard Drive
The external hard drive contains moving parts and it’s definite that at some point HDD will fail.
- Physical Damage – The external hard drive is more susceptible to physical damage such as head crashes or motor failure and is the main contributor to it. Eventually, the data deletion will be the result of it.
- Drop Downs and Bumps – Hard drive is a delicate piece of hardware and a single drop-down or bump can cause great loss of stored files, as it might directly damage the head. The reason is that the header is placed in a fraction of millimeters. Always pay attention to the sounds emitted while attached to the system.
- Temperature and Humidity – These two factors play a major role while affecting the external hard drive’s physical health. Too high or too cold a temperature can impact the internal components of the drive. Humidity is no less guilty as it oxidizes the elements because HDD cannot endure them.
- Wear and Tear – The lifespan for an external hard drive is assumed around 3-5 years. It depends on the model, design, components, model, and conditions it was kept. At a certain point, it will start malfunctioning and the first thing that suffers is the files stored in it. This may result in corruption and deletion of stored data.
- Incorrect Ejecting of HDD – Most users are careless while ejecting the external hard drive. The removal of a hard disk, while it is active, can impact on the long term and damage the health of files.
Recover Permanently Deleted Files from External Hard Disk using Absolute Solution
In case if none of the above methods work for you. Then this solution is undoubtedly recover deleted files from NTFS partitions and delivered each of the deleted files directly to your desktop.
Following these four steps is the only hardship you have to perform.
- Download and run the Data recovery solution on your computer.
- Select the drive and click on Scan mode to recover deleted pictures from computer.
- Select the desired files from the recovered files. You can also transfer a whole batch of recover deleted files from recycle bin to your chosen location.
- Click on the Save button to start the export process of the recovered files.
Ta-da… All of the deleted files are now in your system in their original and healthy form. You can use them now for further use and all of the tension has vanished by now.
Words of Advice
- Always keep the hard drive in a hard case and avoid it from direct and high temperature.
- Never unplug the external hard drive while it is active and being used, it will certainly corrupt the data. Additionally, end up having bad sectors in the disk.
- Always Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media. Follow Operating system instructions when you can remove the device.
- Run antivirus scans to check the malware and virus infection once in a while.
- Always pay attention to the emitted sound while the hard drive is optimized by the system.
- Do not attach the device to anyone else or suspected computer or laptop.
- Never leave an external drive-in contact with Magnets. They are the worst enemies of hard drives and can cause corruption of files to complete failure.
These are some of the considerable suggestions to take of external hard drives as they are more vulnerable to corruption and damage of files due to physical mobility.
Merits of the Case
No matter how much technology has advanced so far…
The recovery of deleted files is an issue that puts a wrinkle in the forehead of the user. How to recover permanently deleted files from external hard disk is a frequently asked question when users go through distress.
Having the right companion will ease up your life by saving you from the uneasiness that users experience in such circumstances.